Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have a whirlpool fridge model ET18BKXJN00. it is not cooling.

i have a whirlpool fridge model ET18BKXJN00. it is not cooling. is the most likely problem the relay or the overload.... please not the compressor
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
it could be relay. do you here any clicking or buzzing sound comming from compressor? these relays go all the time I replace allot of them, let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
if i hear buzzing or clicking does that mean it is the compressor? if i dont does that mean it is the relay?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
more than likely on this model its just the relay. try that I think it will run. it the cheaper out of the two. even if you dont here clicking or buzzing it could still be bad relay. does everything else run, fans ,lights if you get the relay tell them you want the whole thing relay and overload they go together. one thing to check if you have a meter is to make sure your getting 110volts to compressor. let me know Bryan'
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes fan and lights run..... no buzzing no clicking