Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

GE Side by Side Refrigerator Unit is about 3 years old. Yesterday

GE Side by Side Refrigerator: Unit is about 3 years old. Yesterday the dispenser was going crazy. The ice machine was clicking is if trying to dispense but no one was touching. The lists were blinking on and off and then today neither the freezer or the refrigerator is cold. I unplugged it for 30 minutes to see if it just needed to reset itself but still no such luck. I don't hear anything either. When I plug it back in there is a click but no noise. Also the lights go on and off when I touch the door switch? It's hot, I'm thirsty, and pretty frustrated.....
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
hi this is Bryan , is the clicking comming from back? I believe you have a bad control board this is a major problem with g.e. side by sides. I replace at least 6 of these a month. if you pull your ref. out from wall you will see on the bottom right side a panel that has three 1/4" screws in it. this is where control board is located. this is whats causing your problem. if you give me model # XXXXX will look it up for you. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

It is a model GSS25JSRF..

I may be missing a didigt it could be SSRF but I typed the darn thing so many times yesterday trying to look up any information

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
click on this and put in model # gss25jsrfss and you will see your ref. the part you need is part# XXXXX on the sealed system and mother board diagram take a look . thanks Bryan