Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kenmore refrigerator - model number 253.74802408 and

I have a Kenmore refrigerator - model number 253.74802408 and the serial number is XXXXX It was manufactured 11-05. My floor is always wet underneath the refrigerator. It is not a bad leak, and also on the inside of the refrigerator behind the light is dripping water. Not a lot. My ice maker was never hooked up. I have hard wood floors that are mildewing because of the leak. Is this a problem I can fix? If so, give me step for step how to in terms of a person who do not work on refrigerators.   Thank you.
your probably have a clogged drain tube in defrost system since your ice maker was never connected. the best way to fix problem is to take freezer rear panel off and then you will see a sheet of ice under the coil section of freezer. take some hot water ( and plenty of towels) and pour hot water on ice until its completely clear of ice. you will probably have to pour water and then soak it up with towel then repeat until its clear and drains freely. hope this helps, please press accept if your happy with reply you can still come back and ask more questions if you have any. I have to take granddaughter for hearing test but should be back in a couple of hours. thanks again Bryan