Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a model mah55flbww washer. There is a sound coming from

I have a model mah55flbww washer. There is a sound coming from the rear of the machine like the bearing have gone out. Is this normal since the machine was bought 3/27/2005? If so what parts are needed to repair? And how do I get the top off of the machine to look?
ok . let me check your model .I'll be right back thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

do I have accept that answer before you will tell me?

no, if your not happy with the answer dont press accept. well here goes, you probably have a bad tub bearing , this is a big job to take on yourself. I will give you the site where you can see all the diagrams for your machine , this is a neptune right? to change the tub bearing you have to take the whole machine appart . its behind the on this link and put in your model # XXXXX all the diagrams will come up along with parts and prices. unfortunatly this model you have to buy entire tub asm. because the bearing comes already pressed into tub and its aound $450.00 if I were you I would think about replacing machine to be honest. we work on these machines almost daily and there not a very good machine , I'm sorry to have to tell you this because I know you paid allot of money for machine. hope this helps , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes it is a neptune, thanks for the help can you tell me how to get the top off
take the screws out of door and the ones on the other side and pull front panel forward from top, then off bottom clips. you wlii see clips one on each side with 5/16 scews remove thes, then take screws out of soap dispense and lift top up. you can just lean it back after that , thanks Bryan