Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a ge harmony dryer...My husband, last night blew the

Customer Question

I have a ge harmony dryer...My husband, last night blew the breakers several times with a air my harmony will not light up after I hit the power on switch....I have reset the breaker which didnt appear to be blown...It worked fine last week but today I hit the power button with no there a fuse perhaps or is the control board gone? The driver was purchased in aug 2006
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well there are a few things that can cause this. there are thermal fuses in dryers, or you could have a problem with the board, did you snap breaker all the way off and then back on or just push breaker towards on? you have to push it all the way off to reset breaker. make sure you did this. can you get me model # ? i will check for thermal fuse. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Now my hubby is telling me that the washer/ dryer is on a seperate breaker and there shouldnt have been any problem with the dryer..btw the washer is working fine...the model number is: DPGT750EC1PL...the dryer is a ge harmony ...2006 model, i believe...With the breaker I snapped the breaker off and then to the onl position..Thanks..Ann
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok let me see what I can find out I'll be back. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well I dont see the normal thermal fuse in this dryer. does your husband have a volt meter and know how to use? the first thing I'd look at is the power going to machine you should have 220 volts. then pull the cover off where your power cord attaches to dryer and make sure no wires are burnt. click on this link and you can see all the parts to your dryer and diagrams. put in your model # XXXXX it will show you everything in dryer . have your husband check all thermostats in dryer. hope this helps, thanks Bryan