Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

ge profile dishwasher that has standing water in the ...

ge profile dishwasher that has standing water in the bottom....sink line is clear...disposer is clean
can you give me model # XXXXX Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

does this machine drain at all or is there just a little standing water in bottom? all d/ws have some water in the bottom after wash to keep the pump seals from drying out and leaking. has this problem just started? let me know Bryan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
just started and is full up to the door seal
do you hear the drain pump come on ? this machine has a separate pump for drain. this is a digital control right? these are very difficult to repair yourself and could be a number of different problems that could cause this. have you changed your garbage disposal lately .? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: I put in a new garbage disposal last week
thats your problem. did you punch out the drain plug in garbage disposal? if you take you d/w drain hose and take a screwdriver and hammer put it in hole where drain goes and punch out plug . its there in case you don't have d/w water wont come out side of disposal, try this and you should be all set, please press accept if your happy with reply, and please leave feedback its appreciated. thanks again Bryan