Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My refrigerator is at least 22 years old and is so hot on ...

My refrigerator is at least 22 years old and is so hot on the sides it cannot be touched for long. Is it dying and would it be sensible to fix it if it is possibe to do so? What is wrong with it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well what you need to check is condenser fan in the back next to compreesor and see if it has stopped. just pull ref. out and take little panel off the bottom you should be able top see fan. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I can't move the refrigerator myself. I am 72 and manage this myself. Can you tell me if this is the likely reason for the probleml. If this is the problem I assume you are saying it is worth fixing.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well if its just your fan it probably wouldnt cost that much to repair.maybe $100-125 or even less if you know someone who can replace it for you.the fans around$30.00 .your coils probably need to be cleaned also but thats not bad just a long brush can do that. can you get help on this? let me know Bryan