Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

what would keep my washer from draining and going to the rinse cycle

No Comment Added
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
can you tell me make and model#? thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: the only numbers I can find on the back are LXR7144EQ1/CJ0146942 I hope this helps.oh it's a whirlpool
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
check your lid switch. if you look on the lid see if theres a little post that goes through top of washer and hits a switch in top of washer, its gray if its hanging down its broke they are plastic, take a pencil and push it down and see if it spins.let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I tried that but it didn't work.You can hear what sonds like a timer but nothing else .It doesn't drain or rinse or spin but ut will agitate.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
i believe your lid switch is bad. the machine does agitate right? do you anything about how to jump switch to test ?let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No I don't but am willing to try.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok . is there two screws on top holding your control panel down? there should be one on each side of machine near bottom of control.? Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I had to go to bed last night has to get up early. lift cover where you controls are after taking out screws.you never said whether you found screws or not. did you? you may have end caps that need to be removed to access screws or they may be in back on bottom.when you get it up you will see a plug with three wires take a piece of wire and strip it back about 3/8 " and put one in each side of plug thats the two outside wires. the center one is a ground . put machine in spin and see if it starts. unplug machine before putting wire in and tape to keep them from touching any metal. let me know if it does. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
do you still need my help with this? did you try jumping lid switch ? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I ended up bypassins the switch all together and it works now.Thank you very much