Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I just had my kitchen floor tiled, and the guy took my ...

I just had my kitchen floor tiled, and the guy took my anti-tip bracket for my Whirlpool oven off the original floor and didn't put it down on the tile. 1) Can I drill through the porcelain tile to set the screws? 2) How do I know where to drill (where to set it)? Thanks, Jan
well the problem here is when you install an anti tip bracket on floor it comes with a pattern you have to use to get it in the right spot from wall out and side in but this changes from oven to oven so its hard to say. does the bracket fit tightly on rear foot? what I've done on different applications is put lipstick on bottom and back of bracket put in on stove and push in place and see where it hits back wall and floor. its a little messy but if you tip it forward a bit while going in you will probably get a good mark when you let it down in place , just a thought. the only other thing to do is go to where you bought it and see if they have a pattern.thats all I can think of. hope this helps. Bryan,
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Great idea for placement! What about first question, can I drill through porcelain tile (w/masonry bit)? I'm clueless, rural, hate to have a guy drive 50 miles to fix this one.
yes you can , go to lowes and ask which bit to use , they will help you get the right one , hope this helps Bryan, please press accept if your happy with my anser and please leave feedback, Thanks Bryan