Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

hotpoint dishwasher drains, but never completely...water ...

hotpoint dishwasher drains, but never completely...water left is brown and dirty looking.....tenant uses ecover tablets to clean...could that be part of the problem? Also the dishwasher although small and the economy version, is only about 1-1/2 years old.
can you get me model #? I need to check something.thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: I am not sure...I am not there now, it is a white 24 inch, probably one of the least expensive....built ins
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It looks like model HDA3500NWW
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Are you still working on an answer?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Do I need to accept your question to my question before you go on to help me?
yes I'm still working on question , I'll be right back. Bryan
ok I'm back, i was looking at your model for a piece I thought it might have but it doesnt, ok on all d/w's there is always some water left in bottom but usually only about 1/2 inch. they do this so the seals in pump dont dry out and leak. have you tried cleaning the screens inside around the pump area? also check and make sure your getting enough water to start with . fill machine and check how much is in bottom, there should be at least 1 1/2 inches in bottom , try running a cycle with just tang breakfast drink in it , no dishes and you will be supprized how it cleans machine then try load. let me know ,Bryan