Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

model 46989 error f5

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can you give a liitle more info? make, and full model # XXXXX kind of appliance it is, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have a Kemore elecltric slide-in down draft range model 46989 it has given me problems since I bought this POS. The cook top works but the other day I tried to set the oven to bake, I got this beeping and the -F5- message on the display and had to cancel.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can you check model again ? it should start with a three number prefix like 110. or 106 or allot of other combos . that tells us who made it. kenmore doesnt make anything its just a name.they put on it. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the number I gave you is on the owners manual. I have another number that is on an old maintenance agreement is is(NNN) NNN-NNNN does this help?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
that might work I'll be back shortly. Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
your oven is made by roper. the F-5 code says to check door latch switch. click here to see codes and got to repair help then to error codes. hope this helps , please press accept if your happy with my reply. please leave feedback its appreciated, thanks again Bryan