Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag MFD2561HES French Door Refrigerator that is ...

I have a Maytag MFD2561HES French Door Refrigerator that is 3 years old. The refrigerator portion of the unit stopped cooling a week ago; the freezer still works. We have tried to get authorized repairmen to come out for a week, but they say it is too far out of their area (15 miles away from their town and there is no one closer), and that the Maytag company gives them problems when they go out of their area. They are obviously not happy with the company, and I am not happy without a refrigerator. I have gone online and pulled up multiple complaints about Maytag French Door units and Maytag service. What gives? Shouldn''t a company manufacture a good product and stand behind it if there are problems? Reputation is everything, especially when we are ready to spend money for a major appliance. What can I do to get this refrigerator looked at and fixed? I have never had a refrigerator fail in 3 years (or even 10-12 years).
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well unfortunatly maytag has been bought out by whirlpool. they went under because of all the problems they had with there appliances, all I can tell you is to call whirlpool and seed if they can get someone out there. do you have frost on back panel inside freezer section? your probably not defrosting if so. allot of problems with the defrost on these ref.you can defrost this to make it run right untill you can get someone out to fix ,by taking back panel off freezer and using hair dry to defrost. hoppe this helps thanks Bryan