Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Kenmore refrigerator - the wire arm that tells the icemaker ...

Kenmore refrigerator - the wire arm that tells the icemaker it''s full stops half way down through the cycle. If I push it down then it continues with cycling where it left off by expelling the ice or filling with water.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you may have a broken piece inside the icemake module . there is a plastic piece inside these icemakers thats controls arm this may have broken. if you give me model # XXXXX'll see if you can replace cam or if you have to replace module.let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Model #(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Serial # XXXXX

How do you remove the front cover to gain access to the internal parts? Just pull off as there are no screws to remove.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
this is an older ref. right? it has the old style ice maker . you need to remove icemaker and take cover off to see whats broken inside. therte are allot off parts to this one. you may be better off just replacing this one because if you take it appart its very difficult to put back together but if you want to try click on this link and you will see diagram of icemaker. and put in your model # XXXXX side bar click icemaker and diagram will come up. good nluck hope this helps. thanks Bryan, P.S to remove fornt cover just take a small screwdriver and on bottom of cap there should be slots to pry cover off.