Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my freezer gets cold but frige does not cool it sounds like ...

my freezer gets cold but frige does not cool it sounds like it kicks off i painted it and moved it and layed it down on it back to grasp it for a minute
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
how long did you wait before plugging in after laying down? how long has it been plugged back in? let me know if you see any frost on back panel look real good . do you hear fans running? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: i had it about a 90 angle at 1 in the afternoon and the about the same when we took it out of the truck at 10 that evening about 20 min later we pluged it in, it worked fine a few months ago i did paint it and sprayed up under frige and the compresser area it has the big thing of coils on the back i didn't pait them its a pretty old frige probably 25 years but was getting ice cold 3 months ago and since been sitting could the paint have a switch stuck the guy i give it to said he thought he heard a gurgal
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you have to check the fans in it make sure there running also did you find any frost in freezer? do you hear a clicking sound in back or a buzzing? let me know. Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: we hear a buzzinmg and a clicking and is the fan located in the top behind that sealed plate we don't see it on the bottom
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you hear a buzzing and clicking in back? if you do you need a compressor relay. not a lot of money, this starts the compressor. the fan is located behind panel in freezer. if thats not running that may be your only problem. hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: last time i'll bother you than i'll hit except - is the relay the part that plugs right on the compresser and just take the back cover off to see fan? and if the rlay is down on the bottom attached to compresser than i sprayed pait on it so could it just need cleaned because it worked fine before i sprayed it although it could have went out the thing that plugs on to the compresser has copper wire wound up like a coil, this is what i was asking if it is the relay the compresser was rusty looking so i sprayed it pretty heavy, thanks for all your time
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
yes the relay is on the side of ncompressor and does plug in . is that where your hearing buzz.? then thats whats going on . you may have made relay overheat by spray painting it . and yes take cover off inside freezer to get to fan. hope this helps , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.