Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My dishwasher was running and then we had a power outage.

My dishwasher was running and then we had a power outage. now it is filled with water and will not respond to commands or turn back on. i have checked the circuit breaker and it is on. The power has also returned
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

can you give me make and model? you may have a blown thermal fuse in machine . let me know. Bryan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
admiral ddb1501aww
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
checking now, I dont think you have a thermal fuse in this model . there are a couple of things you can check though, 1 shut breaker off and remove bottom panel and you will see junction box for electrical conection to machine. remove screw from this box and take wirenuts off wires and strip wires back away from soldered conections and put it back copper to copper. you see what happens alot is the solder keeps the copper from making a good conection to copper wire and sometimes the dont have conection at all. I see this all the time put wire nuts back on and try machine .if that doesnt work you either have a bad switch in door latch asm. or a bad board, let me know. Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I do not have time to get down into the wiring at this time as i have a commitment in 15 minutes. is there a time i can reconnect with you to continue this tomorrow?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
sure just come back on and I'll help you further if needed. thanks Bryan