Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Why did my washing machine stop in the middle of a cycle

In the middle of a cycle the machine stopped. I used the reset switch and it started to go into the refill cycle. I checked the circuit breaker but all were OK. The machine is Model #A9400--
Serial # XXXXX It will not start again and, now, the reset (for fill) does not work either.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
this is a maytag washer right/? you probably have a bad lid switch asm. you can go to and look up part. if you take screws out of top of control panel and lean it forward you can see lid switch asm. some have a fuse in them but bchanging this doesnt always work its usually on of the switches that causes fuse to blow' I would replace whole asm. hope this helps Bryan.( P.S always unplug machine before servicing)