Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Kenmore side-by-side refrigerator (model #52224100) ...

My Kenmore side-by-side refrigerator (model #52224100) stopped cooling completely in both the refrigerator and freezer. It was cycling on and off frequently the night before I found everything thawed. It could still hear it trying to turn on the next day but nothing happened. I unplugged it for a couple days and then plugged it back in and now it is cooling down. I was about to go look for a new one but if this sounds like a simple repair, I will wait.
did you see allot of frost on back side of freezer section before you unplugged? did you hear any clicking or buzzing? let me know bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I didn't notice any frost in the back (but it was pretty full). It was clicking after it stopped cooling - seemed like it was trying to start running.
ok you probably have a bad compressor relay. kenmores are famous for that, click here to see parts for your ref. I couldnt find your model # XXXXX did you get it off tag inside ref.? if you find the right model # XXXXX should be able to see parts. thanks Bryan