Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore model 628 self cleaning oven. The door ...

I have a Kenmore model 628 self cleaning oven. The door locking latch will not unlock and now the oven door will not close all the way. Need to know how to fix. Thanks!
allot of times these latch asm. get bent and wont alow door to close .if you give me full model # XXXXX can lookj up part. you say it wont unlock so you may need nesw lock asm, let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Model # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN Serial #: 3H 95019. Thanks!
this is an old stove right? some parts for this machine are no longer available including door latch asm. the only thing you may be able to do is remove latch asm. but you wont be able to self clean anymore. you also cant use oven cleaner in these or you will damage door seal. I would at this point at least consider replacing oven, sorry thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, this is a very old stove and were renting this place. Can you tell me how to do the self clean? We had a repairman fix this before but we dont remember how he did it. Thanks.
give me a minute to look it up.Bryan
not sure if it will work with lock stuck but here goes. you have a flip type clock in this and two turn dials on right side .turn the start on (bottom) to the time you wnat it to start and then turn the stop one about 3 hours later you should feel the start one pop out if you set it at same time your clock reads that should start it then. when its gets to stop time it should shut off but if your locks not working this may not work, hope this helps please press accept and please leave feedback its important. thanks again Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
OK, I'll wait. Thanks!
no problem hope it works thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
That worked! Thanks for your help!