Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag A8200 top load washer that is getting stuck ...

I have a Maytag A8200 top load washer that is getting stuck at rinse cycle. I turn cold water on/off, and it sometimes seems to restart. Seems a switch is not working somewhere. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
sounds like you may have a clogged hose comming into machine , or you may have a bad water valve . see if cold water come in when you start machin on cold wash only. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: When I start machine on cold wash only, no water comes in. So, if I have a clogged hose or bad water valve, what should I do? Turn off water and try to clear it? It seems like the water is trying to get through the hose, I hear a difference when I shut the cold water off at the wall valve. Almost seems like the valve inside the machine is trying to open, but won't. Do these things get plugged with water deposits?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
yeah they can get gummed up inside . you can shut water voff and pull hoses and nmake sure there clean. some have screens in them. but otherwise you have to replace valve in machine.thanks Bryan