Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

how to install a heating elment on may tag nepturn dryer

modal #mde9700ayw serial#13156964gl anyway dryer stop drying so i contracted maytag and they are sending me a new heating unit. i had purchase it 2 1/2 years please anwser my big Q.thanks mr.XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
give me a minute to look up your model . thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
sorry i'm having satilite link problems .take screws out of door hinges and on the other side the same and pull front panel by the top and it will come off.then you will see in the bottom the heating element. its round about 16" long tube . if you take a flashlight and look toward back of heater you will see a 1/4" screw on top back. take that out ,on the front bottom of element you will see another 1/4" screw holding front take that out remove wires and put new heat element tube in . rewire and your done(make sure you unplug machine before attempting this!!!)hope this helps Bryan