Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

freezer compartment on refrigerator has ice hanging ...

Customer Question

freezer compartment on refrigerator has ice hanging from top of door and top of compartment inside. Adjusted freezer control lower but still have ice hanging. Model No. MTB1891ARQ
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can you tell me is it a side by side or frezzer on top or bottom? this usualy indicates your drawing outside air into ref. and thats whats freezing . let me know , also does it have ice and water in freezer door? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Freezer is on top of fresh food compartment.
There is ice on top inside of shelf in freezer door - no water. Also, small icicles on top of
freezer roof - no water.
Refrigerator is Maytag, 3 yrs. old
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok the first thing to check is your gaskets around doors , make sure there seating thightly all the way around , check the ref. section one and make sure its not hanging down at the very bottom. the moister is comming in from outside ref. somewhere. have you had the doors of for any reason lately? check and make sure its on correctly. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Gaskets around doors seem to be ok. Never had doors off. Would trying to level refrigerator have anything to do with it. We raised the front on one side so door wouldn't swing way out.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
it shouldnt unless theres a space in door somewhere, i just dont know where moister is coming from, do you have any frost on back panel in freezer? maybe its not defrosting correctly. let me know Bryan