Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a side by side Frigidaire that recently quit ...

I have a side by side Frigidaire that recently quit freezing then a week later quit cooling on fridge side. What would cause this? No visible oil leaks from refrigerant. Compressor is not running have power at plug. It is an older model using cfc 11 or 12
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
do you hear any clicking or buzzing sound coming from compressor? are the fans running in the freezer and behind next to compressor? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: There is no compressor noise and fan is not running. I have checked power to plug and down power is there.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
is thre a fan next to compressor? did you say the fan inside is not running? I think your either stuck in derfrost cycle or you have a bad relay on compressor. the fan inside isnt running either? if it isnt you may have a bad defrost timer, can you get me model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Fan by compressor not running, internal fan not running. Mod # XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
it definately sounds like its stuck in defrost cycle you need to find timer. click here www.repairclinic.com and put in part# XXXXX and you can see what it looks like. look under front grill and see if you can find yours. if you do turn the dial clockwise and see if ref. starts. let me know Bryan