Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE side by side refrigerator/freezer, model ...

Customer Question

I have a GE side by side refrigerator/freezer, model number:      GSS25KGMA. The problem is with the ice maker dispenser. On the advice of one of your experts we replaced the mother board, and it worked fine for about a week. Now, the dispenser appears to be completely dead. The lights work on the indicator in the door, but when the lever is pushed to dispense the ice nothing happens. What should we do to trouble shoot it? And is there a chance we can fix it on our own?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Hi this is Bryan, sounds like you have a bad switch or arm that activates switch is broken. do you get water through door? there is a small board behind ice water control asm. that could be bad, if you replace mother board in rear of ref. and it worked for a week i doubt board is gone again . click on this link to see parts for disenser. www.pcappliancerepair.com and you can also bring up diagrams. hope this helps Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I guess I used the incorrect term. I did not replace the board behind the frige, but the one just behind the dispenser in the door. The board worked just fine and we thought all was repaired, but yesterday, the dispenser stopped without warning. The ice maker works fine, and it is held in the tub in the freezer; it just won't dispense. We get nothing through the door. No water, no cubed ice, no crushed ice. What's next?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
oh boy , do you here any clicking sound coming from rear of ref. ? there should be a cover on back right side looking from rear with 3 1/4 " screws holding in on see if you hear any clicking coming frombehind that panel. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: I need help to move the fridge to get near the back of it, so I will have to check back with you tomorrow or Weds, since my husband is not home to help me. Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
no problem just let me know , Bryan