Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

hello guys, first noticed the freezer section of my ...

hello guys, first noticed the freezer section of my fridge wasn''t cooling properly last night and just thought my wife may have turned temp. down.After returning home today ice maker was dripping water all over the floor.Lights work and it sounds like it is running but the compressor is not kicking on.I want to buy a new compressor and put it in but I was wondering what else it could be. The whole refrigerator isn''t cooling and I didn''t think both thermostats would go at the same time.It is a Kenmore side by side.Thanks,Mike
hey mike this is Bryan,do you here a clicking or buzzing sound coming from compressor about every five minutes or so? these ref. are famous for bad relays on compressors. if you look at compressor on side you will see most likely a white box about 2x2 inches this is the relay . it probably has two wires on it. it plugs onto three posts on compressor. this is what starts compressor , more than likely this is your problem. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Hey Bryan,I think you are probably right but because of the late hour I won't know until the parts store opens tomorrow.I was wondering if you had any idea how much the relay switch costs.Get back to you about 10am.Thanks Mike

ok mike. they are under$ 50.00 usually . I see allot of these go. most of the time they burn up inside and sometimes you will see it burned up. hope this helps , please press accept if your happy with my reply. and always leave feedback it helps others, thanks again and let me know Bryan, p.s. even after preesing accept you can still ask more questions. thanks again Bryan