Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

what is my caloric ultramaitc model 7688 ux worth

No Comment Added
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
Hi Steve, thanks for using This is a rather difficult question to answer, as with all collectibles it's all about finding the right buyer. I had a 1953 GE Liberator electric range that I totally refurbished for a customer and it cost nearly $600, and I donated a good portion of the time I had involved. I have worked closely with an appliance reconditioning center here in Billings, MT for nearly 30 years and have seen the majority of the 1950's 40" ranges go for about $150-300, depending on condition. If you can find someone whose Grandma had a 7688, you may see a pretty good price. Otherwise, in Billings you could expect around the above quoted range. Just FYI, I did search eBay a little and found no ranges, but there is an original owners manual on there now for $5.00. That may be a nice addition to it when you try to sell. Thanks for your inquiry. Kelly
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Town 's Post: this answer doesn't help me past my own research but thank you for your time
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
Just curious, what answer were yo looking for? Your question stated that you were trying to determine value of your antique range...what else were you questioning? Kelly
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
oh, the question is right. i am trying to determine value but of this range which is part wood stove and part gas, unlike all of the other ultramatic stlye ranges that i could find out about through the internet.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
Value is totally dependent upon what someone will pay. It's all about finding the right customer! You might try listing it on eBay or You may have some luck there as it is pretty much Montana sales and there are alot of cabins here that your range would look real nice in...just a thought. Kelly