Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Where can I find a cold control (capillary thermostat) ...

Customer Question

Where can I find a cold control (capillary thermostat) for an Admiral AC127 refrigerator?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.

Hi John! The thermostat for that unit is very difficult to find as most OEM suppliers show it as NLA. However, I did locate one for you. It is at, type in the part # XXXXX and you can purchase one from there. Thanks for using! Kelly

P.S. Please accept and leave feedback if this info was helpful to you...I appreciate it!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you. Please let me confirm that this part will fix my unit. Upon confirmation I will accept your answer.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.

Hi John, using the model # XXXXX gave me the part came up, just showed NLA. Checking using the exact same part # XXXXX the replacement, so you should have no problem. Let me know how it goes...thanks again! Kelly

Part # XXXXX

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Kelly, Part number 114883, according to is a "Generic replacement: coil-rite evaporator". I am looking for a temp control unit for the refrigerator. My service tech says this is not the correct part. He says they are different items. Of course, not having a picture does not help either. lists two temp controls for the unit. One is probably for the refrigerator portion and on for the freezer. Unfortunately they don't say which is which. Those part numbers are 352172 and 398996. Both of which are "no longer available - This part has been permanently discontinued by the manufacturer and we don't know of any source for the part." Any other ideas?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.

John, I think the 114883 crosses to the generic control listed on Without a pic to be sure though, it is a $40 gamble as I don' know their return policy. Sorry I wasn't able to help. Kelly

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Kelly, 114883 refers to a generic coil-rite evaporator. If it referred to a generic capillary temp control I would be willing to give it a shot. But, I don't need an evaporator.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
I think it is a generic replacement control for refrig's utilizing a coil-rite type evaporator, but I understand your hesitation. Good luck...Kelly