The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

My GE convection range has one of the rotary

My GE convection range has one of the rotary dial controls ''slipping'': when you set it at 8, it switches on, but when you set it on ''Max'', it does not!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 8 years ago.

The knobs have a small piece of metal in them that aligns with, and grips, a flat spot on the shaft that they control. Quite often this piece of metal will work loose and cause the problem you are having.

There is a simple remidy to this problem.

Contact the appliance center you purchased the unit from, and if they sell parts, order a new knob for your unit. They are not too expensive at all. If they do not sell parts (ie: you purchased it at Home Depot or Lowes) then just let me know and Ill locate you one on line.

If this answer satisfies your question please click the accept button. I will not be paid if you dont.

You can always ask follow up questions after you accept. I will be here to answer them.

If for some reason you are not happy. Please tell me before you accept.

Feedback is how we make sure we provide the best answers available. A simple "good job" is all it takes. Please help us to keep our answers the best available by leaving feedback after your question has been answered.

Best regards; The Home Smithy