The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have a Tappan Gas range model # XXXXX which I ...

I have a Tappan Gas range model # XXXXX which I think needs the ignitor replaced. I have the unit apart and have located the ignitor. My question is there are 2 wires that run to the bottom of the range that are connected to the ignitor. I don''t see any way to unplug these wires so am I suppose to cut them and re-wire them with the replacement unit?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

No you do not cit and re wire it. You need to follow the leads and un hook them from the connector. This may require that you pull the unit away from the wall to access the conector. Whan working on units like these yu need to remember that you are working with two enemies of electrical wiring. Those are heat and grease. Both will short out a system in a half a heart beat.

Cutting and splicing wires in this type of environment is not a good thing to be doing.

If this answer satisfies your question please click the accept button. I will not be paid if you dont.

You can always ask follow up questions after you accept. I will be here to answer them.

If for some reason you are not happy. Please tell me before you accept.

Feedback is how we make sure we provide the best answers available. A simple "good job" is all it takes. Please help us to keep our answers the best available by leaving feedback after your question has been answered.

Best regards; The Home Smithy