Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a maytag neptune washer ( from load) and we keep ...

We have a maytag neptune washer ( from load) and we keep getting a door open when we try and start .. How can we fix this
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
Good afternnon, it sounds like the door switch is not sending the "I'm closed" message to the board or the board is not receiving it. Do you have a model # XXXXX this machine, also the first numbers from the serial # XXXXX please. Thanks Kelly
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
MAH5500B ( Model number)

I cannot open the door or move the machine to see the SR# XXXXX it could be(NNN) NNN-NNNNor 23RIAJ
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
Okay, I would check the door switch first off. You can open the door if you lift the dispenser cover and under the front lip is a small plastic (usually green) cable that will manually unlock the door. However, if unit is full of water, this may not be a good idea. Second, try unplugging the machine for about 2 minutes to reset the electronic control. I think the switch probably is out of sync. I would unplug it and try to get the door open. Then plug back in and give it a try. Let me know what happens. Kelly
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I did the above .. I can now get the door open .. But when we try to start it we still get the door open and it will not start its cycle .. The SR# XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.

Okay, you seem to have a faulty door switch, which I would suspect before the control board. There is a possibility that a wire connection is loose from the board or switch. You could try removing and reinstalling all wiring connections at the board and see if that helps. Beyond that, you will need to access the door switch assy to test the switch and will need an ohmmeter to check for continuity. Let me know if you want to go that route. The door latch assembly runs about $54.00 part # XXXXX and the control runs about $210.00 part # XXXXX Kelly