Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i have an electric dryer and the belt broke, i replaced the ...

i have an electric dryer and the belt broke, i replaced the belt and now it squeaks really bad, so i greased the pin in the back of the drum and it stilll does it, this is where the noise comes from.....any sugg?
can you give me model #? I will look it up for you Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ge profile
ok you took the drum out and greased shaft? did you see a plastic bearing in it or was it gone? you may have to change bearing. clck on this www.repairclinic.com and you can find bearing, if you go to www.pcappliancerepair.com they have diagrams . hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
bearing looks ok
ok you may have a worn front glyde asm. or pulley. there isnt much eles except motor . did you go to site I gave you and look up diagram? I will check out if you give me model # thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
went ahead and replaced back bearing and cleaned the front glides and problem seems to be fixed...thanx
good job, thats what I thought it might be I replace them all the time. thanks and if you havn't already please leave feedback. thanks again Bryan