Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have an electric dryer and the belt broke, i replaced the ...

i have an electric dryer and the belt broke, i replaced the belt and now it squeaks really bad, so i greased the pin in the back of the drum and it stilll does it, this is where the noise comes from.....any sugg?
can you give me model #? I will look it up for you Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ge profile
ok you took the drum out and greased shaft? did you see a plastic bearing in it or was it gone? you may have to change bearing. clck on this and you can find bearing, if you go to they have diagrams . hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
bearing looks ok
ok you may have a worn front glyde asm. or pulley. there isnt much eles except motor . did you go to site I gave you and look up diagram? I will check out if you give me model # thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
went ahead and replaced back bearing and cleaned the front glides and problem seems to be fixed...thanx
good job, thats what I thought it might be I replace them all the time. thanks and if you havn't already please leave feedback. thanks again Bryan