Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Bottom Oven isnt warming up. When I turn the ...

Customer Question

My Bottom Oven isn''t warming up. When I turn the temperature up to 200*C it only shows one red light, even after 20 minutes. Can the element break?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
yes it can . do you see any burnt marks on element? it could also be bad wire . let me know . Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: The element is intact and looks like it hasn't gone. I will need to take the oven out and check the wire at the back.

However all the electric work to the lowere oven, light works and fan and clock with temperature guage. Do you know if this has a seperate electrical supply to the element?

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
i'm sorry I just got in from a very long day at work . check back and see if you have a bad wire. do you have a meter? let me know Bryan