Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

I need to know the size of my ac unit. It is a comfortmaker ...

I need to know the size of my ac unit. It is a comfortmaker model? compress model bm703158.Can anybody help please?

HICustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

There should be a metal plate (older models) or a sticker on the machine. This will give the BTUs that the air conditioner is rated at.

If the information is not there then, post the model number from the machine and we should be able to find out the BTU rating is. It should state "model number" or "Mod." or something that will let you know.

Let me know what you find.

bernie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The tag is missing and the paper work inside is missing.All I have is the model number off the compressor,{bm703158}. I think it might be 2 1/2 tons but that is a guess only.What do you think?
Thanks,Bobby

Hi Bobby,

What kind of AC is this and where was in installed? Window... Thru the wall... Central air outside?

If it's a room AC and it was working ok before. How large was the room?

bernie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Bernie,It is a Central air outside straight cool condenser unit.The name is XXXXX XXXXX model and serial number on the silver tag are not readable. The only info I have is off the metal tag on the compressor BM703158.230/208 volt /LRA81.Another number on the tag is H23A323ABCA sn/29691177347.Thanks for your help,Bobby

Hi Bobby,

The s/n number would be the serial number. So, the first number is XXXXX model number.

I would read that number as the BTUs. So, approximately 22,500 to 23,400 BTUs. Not quite 2 tons.

Ok... I just found comfirmation -- roll down after you download this pdf file and you'll see your model number it is 22,500 BTUs.

http://www.nordyne.com/literature/8569%20Compr.pdf

Let me know if you need any more information.

Bernie