Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Cant ignite my Kenmore wall oven

Customer Question

I need to know how th gas is turned on to the one the command is given from the control panel
Thanks
Larry
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you have an electronic ignitor in oven that comes on when you set temp. more than likely this ignitor is faulty. happens allot. it gets red and when its drawing enough amps tells the safety valve to open and lights . under bottom of oven racks is a bottom plate , the ignitor is under this. even if it gets red and glows doesnt mean its good. this is most likely cause. hope this helps Bryan, please press accept if your happy with answer. also please leave feedback we get bonus points for them. thanks agian Bryan . p.s. after you accept you can still come back and ask me more questions