Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an 8 month old GE Profile series, model#

Customer Question

I have an 8 month old GE Profile series, model# XXXXX that heats-up but retains moisture, therefore doesn''t dry. Lint trap is clear on both ends...ext. vent is clear.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
Hi this is Bryan. these machines have two heat elements in rear behind drum. sometimes one of these elements burns out and its only working on one and doesnt heat enough to dry clothes properly. when you take vent off back is it blowing out realy good? smetimes these machines also collect allot of lint down in bottom of lint trap area and block off some of the air flow. that could also be an issue. remove vent hose and run load to see if it drys better , if it doesnt its one of the problems I mentioned.your machine may have to come appart to be cleaned out good. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Hey there Bryan. I did go in and fully clear-out the lint trap area, remove the vent hose to see if the amt. of hot air was substantial and it air with very strong pressure coming out of it.

Guess I'm surprised that at 3 months old something like a heating coil would go this a common problem with this line/model?

Really appreciate the quick response.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
yeh unfortunately, let me check model and see what I can do to help you resolve this , I'll be back shortly , Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
Hi this is Bryan again. to tell you the truth its hard to say whether or not its heating element, but the good news is g.e. warranties there appliances for one year I believe so this should be under warranty as long as its not the vent going outside.check with g.e. and find out before trying to repair yourself because they may void warranty if you take apart yourself. hope I was able to help some . please leave feedback if you haven't already, we get bonus points for it, thanks again it was nice talking with intelligent person such as yourself Thanks again Bryan