Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

I have a Jenn-Air Double Oven freestanding Range model # XXXXX

Customer Question

I have a Jenn-Air Double Oven freestanding Range model # XXXXX last week we had a lighting storm and damaged only part of the electronic. the obviously the gas range and ignitors function. The Control panel function the upper over functions and heats (both bake and broil). the problem is in the lower oven, the only item not functioning is the elements do not heat, the light functions, the convection fan operates, etc. Is it the board that is bad (partially blown) or a capacitor, or switch? I don''t have a wiring schematic and want to repair it without reporting a claim on my insurance (In Florida the insurance companies are looking for ways to drop people) I called 3 repairman and they said they don''t work on lighting damaged appliances, and I actually don''t trust the repairman here in Orlando, - to many rip off contractors. can you help me, or point me in the right director. thx Bob - XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

The model number you gave is for a double oven built-in and not a free standing.

If the model number is XXXXX then-

Check behind the oven for the wiring schematic. It is often attached to the back there.

It is difficult to work on voltage surge problems because they don't consistently manifest themselves the same way each time.

However, if I had to make a quick decision on this based on the information that you have given. I would vote for the temperature sensor part number 7 in the diagram below.

If you have a free standing range the schematic would be underneath or inside the back of the range.

Let me know if you have given the wrong model number and/or if you need more information.

bernie

Experience: 27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Bernard S.'s Post: yes the part no. is correct got it off the metal tag on back. JDR8895AAS.
do you think it is that easy as a temp sensor? everything else works except the bake and broiler elements in the lower oven.
thx
Bob

HiCustomer

I think that considering the other possiblilities that we would test that.

Use a ohm meter and usually at room temp the ohms should be approx. 1000 - 1200 (I don't know exactly for that number). The ohms should go up if the temperature goes up.

Let me know how you make out and if you need any more information.

bernie

HiCustomer

If you haven't located a schematic, I did find one for that model -

bernie