Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

I have a Miele 4262T condenser tumble dryer. It is not ...

Customer Question

I have a Miele 4262T condenser tumble dryer. It is not heating the air to dry the clothes?What is wrong with it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

The first thing to check is the voltage at the outlet. Be sure the machine is getting the correct voltage. The machines will run with no heat if they get half the voltage. This could be a problem with the house's circuit breaker and/or outlet.

bernie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Bernard S.'s Post: It's not the voltage because it has been working all week and now after a couple of wet loads it's just not drying?

HiCustomer

Thank you for your patience. It's certainly true that this may not be a voltage issue

However, the first thing a servicer would do would be to check the voltage at the outlet. Over the past 20 years we have seen this is so often the problem that is must be checked first.

If this is a 220-240 volt machine you need to have 110-120 in each leg to get heat.

You have nothing to lose by checking the outlet.

Let me know what you find. I will "opt out" from the question if this isn't the problem.

bernie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Bernard S.'s Post: I'll get a loan of a volt meter and let you know the out come.
Thanks

HiCustomer

Sometimes, you can correct (temporarily) a problem with a bad house circuit breaker by flipping it off completely (all the way over) and then wait 10 minutes and flipping it back on.

You may want to try that. However, if it doesn't help we would still start by making sure that the voltage at the outlet was correct.

bernie