Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My smaller burner on dual burner glass top Frigidaire ...

Customer Question

My smaller burner on dual burner glass top Frigidaire stove will not turn off. It stays on high. help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
You need a new infinite switch. Do you have the model #? Kelly
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Frigidaire Professional Series
Model # XXXXX
Is this switch easy to replace; or should I call my repairman?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.

Hi Cathy, this switch is located in the upper control panel, of course you know that because you turn it on and off! To access, you will need to remove the rear panel and it is mounted right there. Obviously, you will want to unplug unit or turn breaker off. If you remove the old switch and mount the new one BEFORE taking any wires off, you can switch wires from old to new one at a time and probably be okay. However, if you are not comfortable doing this, you might consider hiring it out. A pretty simple job, it shouldn't be too costly. Also, most places offer no warranty on electrical parts if not installed by a professional...something to consider as well. The part # XXXXX that switch isNNN-NN-NNNNand retails for around $30.00. Thanks! Kelly

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
PART #316239601 - Who's part # XXXXX XXXXX?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
That is the manufacturer's part #. The number to our local C E Sundberg here in Billings is(NNN) NNN-NNNN You can tell them Kelly from Town & Country sent you if they have any questions they can contact me. Thanks. Kelly