Brandon
Brandon, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  12 years Appliance Experience, Freon Certified, Service Manager over 10 Techs currently.
11220738

My LG front loading washer wont drain after it was

My LG front loading washer won''t drain after it was moved professionally. They crated it to move it. And supposedly ran it through it''s cycle once it was hooked up. When we went to use it ...it won''t drain. Help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Brandon replied 6 years ago.

may i have the model number so i may better assist you. Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't know the model number...but if you give me a min. I can probably get it
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok...It's an LG front load Tronn Wm2277HW
Expert:  Brandon replied 6 years ago.
In the case of foreign objects entering the drain filter, this could be making the noise. * Please clean the drain filter. 1. Allow the washer to cool down before cleaning the drain pump filter. 2. Open the lower cover cap with a tool such as coin. 3. At this time use a catch pan to prevent water from flowing onto the floor. Unplug the drain plug, allowing the water to flow out. When water does not flow any more, turn the pump filter open to the left. 4. Remove any foreign objects from the pump filter. After cleaning, turn the pump filter clockwise and insert the drain plug to the original place. Close the lower cover cap. Now you should be ready to operate washer again normally

http://rapidshare.com/files/134444034/MFL31245106.pdf.html

that is a link to the manual if you need it.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Brandon's Post: I think the drain not working more than likely has something to do with how the machine was crated and prepared for moving by the movers. Is it possible there was a plug put on a drain hose? This was just hooked back up today, and I don't think they ran it through it's full cycle. I am mom and live in Illinois but am trying to find a solution for my son and his family who just moved to Dallas.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is no noise.....so I'm not sure what you are referring to there.
Expert:  Brandon replied 6 years ago.
there are only shipping bolts that will need to be removed, other then that it is ready to go. there is no plug. I find alot that there is a section we techs like to call the coin catcher. it is were all the objects fall into. Now that they have moved, it is possible that something got dislogged from the coin catcher and now is in the drain pump screen area. that would be the first check, then go from there. I will help you as much as you need.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do we get to these areas you are talking about by taking the back off?
Expert:  Brandon replied 6 years ago.
no mam...it is a small panel in the front. download the manual that i have provided the link for and it will show you where it is located on page #5.
Brandon, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 12 years Appliance Experience, Freon Certified, Service Manager over 10 Techs currently.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok...thanks, XXXXX XXXXX pass the information along