Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Why wont my new refrigerator work Its

Why won''t my new refrigerator work? It''s about 10 months old and the fans run but it won''t cool...What happened? Can I fix it myself?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
can you get us model #? do you here any clicking or buzzing in rear of ref.? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Hi,
It's a Frigidaire gallery (black). I don't see any model type except for AD-18, if that means anything. It has a top freezer and is very basic - it cost about 400.00. It was moved from the mountains to my house and worked when we left the house- when I plugged it in down here, no cooling. The fan in the back on the bottom is turning and I can hear it but no cooling in either compartment. I'm stuck and can't afford a new one or repairman, I'm barely making it and living out of an ice chest for the baby's milk. If you can help, I'd appreciate it. Thank, Deb
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 years ago.
This unit has a 1 year parts and labor warranty...if it is only 10 months old, it is still covered at NO COST to you. Contact Frigidaire at(NNN) NNN-NNNNand they will assist you in getting an authorized servicer out at NO COST if unit is less than 1 year old. Kelly
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My ex-husband has the info on it and won't give it to me...divorce.
Any tips on troubleshooting it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 years ago.
I fthe compressor is running and all the fans are running, sounds like a sealed system leak, perhaps due to the move. Inside the refrig, there is a white sticker usually in the upper LH corner that has model and serial # XXXXX well as the manufacture date. Can you go to the store where it was purchased for a duplicate receipt? Did you send in your warranty card? Kelly
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, we didn't send it in. The fans are running and I can hear stuff working like normal - so, does sound like work for a repairman? or is it something I can tackle as a do-it-yourselfer?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 years ago.
Sounds like you need a repairman. You might check to be sure no wires came off the compressor in the move, beyond that, I would call foir help. Call Frigidaire first though, they wioll help you...Kelly
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!