Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Maytag washing machine model#LAT8004AAM Serial # XXXXX ...

Customer Question

Maytag washing machine model#LAT8004AAM Serial # XXXXX My question is wash/rinse temp will not work when on cold ,the other temp work fine. Do i replace the knob unit? Second Question there is a hard knocking sound when it is washing? what do you recommed?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well I would check your water valve first . sounds like cold side isnt working, check and make sure that screens are clear in hoses. as far as the knocing noise taht could be in trans. or possably agitator problem more than likely trans. though . hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
check water valve and screen all fine. what is the tran and how hard is it to replace ect...
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
do this test, put machine on cold water wash and see if it fills with cold water only , if it doesn't fill and you hear a buzz then your water valve is bad. the trans.. is short for transmission and its very hard to replace and very expensive . you may still get a while out of machine before it goes completely though, hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the cold cycle doesn't work when engage there is no buzz sound. But the cold work when it on the final rinse ,this what i do to get the washer to fill up then return thru cycle.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I think you need a water valve . click here www.repairclinic.com and you can look up parts, do you have a volt meter? let me know Bryan