Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi,I have a Kenmore Gas Dryer# XXXXX door is 97581 ...

Hi,I have a Kenmore Gas Dryer# XXXXX door is 97581 110-75811.It takes belt #(NNN) NNN-NNNN want to replace the belt my self as money is tight.When the belt broke the tensioner wound up on the bottom of the dryer.It is in good shape I am just not sure how it attaches again.I beleive it slips into the slots in the dryer floor by the motor.Am I correct and is it the thinner or wider slot? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thank You.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
give me a minute , I do allot of these and to tell you truth I need to think for a minute, be right back Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok well your pull asm. has one part that fits in smaller slot and there should be two prong like things one bottom they sit in the other slot. if you go to www.repairclinic.com you can see how the belt runs through pulley and around motor pulley. at top of page go to repair help and then dryer belt diagrams . yours should be diagram H and you can see where it sits in comparison to motor. hope this helps, like I said I do allot of these but you get so used to it you realy don't even pay attention to slots much. thanks again Bryan