Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kenmore gas dryer is not heating. It has an electric ...

Kenmore gas dryer is not heating. It has an electric ignite and I hear the click, but no flame/pilot light. It is old, but has been running great until now. Model(NNN) NNN-NNNN Any idea what it might be or the cost to fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well it could be a couple of diffirent things , 1 it may have a bad ignitor, 2 the flame sensor may be bad, do you have a volt meter? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: I do not have a volt meter. What might this cost to have a repair person come out. Or is this something my handy husband could fix?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well if he can borrow a meter from someone and knows how to check vlotage he could probably do it. let me know and i can help him diagnose it.please press accept if your happy with answer you can still come back and ask me more after. a repair man will probably cost you with parts over $100.00 , please leave feedback its important. thanks again Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Okay, we have access to a voltage meter. Can you walk us through and help diagnose? Thanks, Bryan.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
first off we have to get get at the inside of machine, is there a bottom front panel under door on this machine? Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Yes there is a front panel and it is removed.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
okay start the dryer and watch to see if ignitor is comming on at all if not we will check a few things. Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
are you still there? Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: The flame does not come on at all. I hear a click of the igniter TRYING to fire up.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok I'm back from work sorry long day. can you see on the side of burner tube there is a square silver thing with two wires attached to it? this is flame sensor it has electronic eye. did you ignitor glow at all? I know you here the gas valve click you said right? its going to be one of a couple of things we have to test . let me know Bryan