Brandon, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  12 years Appliance Experience, Freon Certified, Service Manager over 10 Techs currently.

My Frigidaire 30-inch cooktop model FEC30S6AB has begun to ...

My Frigidaire 30-inch cooktop model FEC30S6AB has begun to act strangely. When I turn on the small element on the left front, the larger right front element begins to warms up. Once this happens, neither element will completely cool. I have turned the breaker off each evening to ensure that it will not continue to heat.

You have a short in the infite switches. Gotta find out which one, they run in series so one of them is bad. i would think that the larger one that turns on when you turn on the small one.

#54 on diagram (part#318120505)

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Brandon's Post: How can I test the switch to find out which one is bad? Also, where can I order the switch to replace it?

you can order it from if you wish.

$75 each

It will not be super easy to find out which one it is, cause you will have to move the switches around to see if it does it to the other also. kinda like process of elimination. or you could just purchase one and then move it around till it fixes it. the large or the small that you mention of course is the one in question.