Brandon
Brandon, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  12 years Appliance Experience, Freon Certified, Service Manager over 10 Techs currently.
11220738

My ice maker makes ice but

My ice maker is making ice but the backside of the freezer is slowly getting build up from the water it takse roughly a day for the build up and after that it freezes everything in including the fan and the mechanism for the i ce to come out door ? I have thought it was the ice tray not even I put in a new unit new tray. Right now I havent got a clue? Please help
sounds like the water supply tube that fills the icemaker is leaking. The fill tube comes from the outside of the freezer to the inside of the freezer to the icemaker. also if this particular fill tube is the one that is sliced in half like a troft then it could be splashing over and that is why the excess water. i usually take a piece of plastic that is slightly larger then the one that is cut down middle and slide it over it so it will not splash over it. I dont think it has anything to do with the icemaker it self.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Brandon
I have tried putting a tube over top of the tube that spills into the ice tray but it still leaks. Is it easy to replace the tube. It just seems that the water dispenses from is it not shooting far enough into the tray

yes it is easy to replace you can put in the model number and look for the ice fill tube on repair clinic if you want to replace the original. Or goto your local homedepot and get a sleeve that slips over the fill tube that will reach all the way to the icemaker. That was a comon design flaw that i about 1once every 2 weeks have to redesign.