Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I broke the indicator light on my Amana side-by-side ...

Customer Question

I broke the indicator light on my Amana side-by-side refrigerator and there was an electrical "flash". I removed the base of the old bulb and put in a new bulb, but the light doesn't work! Is there a fuse somewhere inside the door that is blown and I can fix? Or what else may be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
wel the thing you should check first in the center contact in socket (unplug ref.first!!!) unscrew bulb and take a small screwdriver and bend little center brass contact out a bit , sometimes they bend into far sometimes and dont touch the center of bulb. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Thanks Bryan, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

The area is so small and difficult to reach that with my big hands, I couldn't even maneuver a small screwdriver into the socket. I tried using a small nail and think I moved it some but not sure I did as it is hard to see.. even using an enlarging shaving mirror to see. Maybe if I tried again with a pair of tweezers!?

Anyway, made sure the bulb was screwed in as far as it could go, but still not working.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
is this in door where ice shute is? there could be a problem with the board in dispenser. can you get me model # ? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Yes, the indicator light is up between the ice dispenser and water dispenser and facing toward the front of the freezer door.

The model number is: SXD22S2W, The Mfg is:P1303512W W , the Pic is:(NNN) NNN-NNNNand thew serial number is:(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
0k when i get bak from work I'll see what I can find out Thanks Bryan