Brandon
Brandon, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  12 years Appliance Experience, Freon Certified, Service Manager over 10 Techs currently.
11220738

I just hooked up my icemaker to a brand new refig. One ...

Customer Question

I just hooked up my icemaker to a brand new refig. One half batch of cubes only since yesterday. No visible kinks or problems with the line. Looks like water in the line but no ice.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Brandon replied 6 years ago.

so the icemaker was not brand-new, just the fridge? What is the model of the fridge and what kind of icemaker did you install?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Both are new. The ice maker came installed in the fridge but I had to hook the line up to the water source. It is an Amana with the freezer on the bottom.Is dispensed in freezer only, not through the door.
Expert:  Brandon replied 6 years ago.

what is the model # XXXXX i can look it up. Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Amana model # XXXXX
Expert:  Brandon replied 6 years ago.

graphic

1. on the icemaker make sure that the metal bail arm is in the down position.

2. if you want to advance the icemaker to make sure it works you can make a jumper wire, (1 piece of wire stripped on both ends) and you remove the cover of the icemaker and you will see some holes (carefully) you would put on end of the jumper in the one labled "H" and other in "T". That will advance the icemaker.

3. after the icemaker is done going around, did it drop ice? did it refill with water?

4. there could be airbuild up in the line.

Let me know if i can be more assistance.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I used the thin plastic line because that is what I had on my old fridge. I saw at the store some much thicker hose. Could that be it?
Expert:  Brandon replied 6 years ago.
that is always possible yes if the volume is not getting to the ice maker. how ever even if not alot of water was getting to it, ice is supposed to drop every 1.5hours like 8cubes at a time. so it should have dropped more then just half then stopped. But changeing the water line is a great idea to get rid of the plastic one anyway. leak flood i smell.
Brandon, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 12 years Appliance Experience, Freon Certified, Service Manager over 10 Techs currently.
Expert:  Brandon replied 6 years ago.
A thought do you have this hooked up to RO system?