Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a he3 dryer. It gives no error but the motor will ...

Customer Question

I have a he3 dryer. It gives no error but the motor will not turn. I have checked the drum, the belt, roller guides, the motor turns freely, but no go
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
I am assuming you have lights, meaning the power to the machine is good. The most common failure for this unit is the door switch, located at the top center of the door opening. It has a gray rubber cover over the plunger. If you push that switch in, do you hear a click? If not your switch is bad. Also, any codes on the display or humming noises?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to T's Post: I did check the switch first. If the door is open it beeps at me letting me know. Figured if it was bad that it would do the same thing closed. I have no codes. there is no humming. I do get a click from the circut board on top of the dryer
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.

If you are hearing the relays click on the control board, you have a bad thermal fuse most likely. They are easily accessed by removing the lower front panel (3- 1/4" screws). Next, remove lint filter from housing and remove the filter housing (more 1/4" screws) for easier access to the thermals. The most likely failed one is the plastic white one. It usually has blue wires but may be another color on your machine. It is directly in line with your motor. Failures occur usually beacause of venting issues so be sure to check your vent if it is open. You can just tape the wires together to test if you don't have a meter.... Kelly

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
The part # XXXXX that thermal is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand runs about $15.00. Thanks!