Chuck G.
Chuck G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 Yrs. Experience in the appliance repair field

I have an Amiral washing machine, model AW20K2W (Yes, I ...

I have an Amiral washing machine, model AW20K2W (Yes, I know its old). It attempts to spin but moves slowly and is laboring. The water will not drain but is leaking from underneath. What might I need to repair?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 8 years ago.
Hi, Thank you for using justanswer for your appliance questions!

We see this problem frequently. There is a bearing seal assm. under the inner basket where your clothes go. This seal fails , due to age and use, and the water starts to migrate into the bearings. the bearings rust and causes a drag on the spin speed. Also a high pitched growling noise. Then the seal fails completely and leak during the cycles. Very expensive repair, around 350.00. Time to go shopping!

Hope this helps!
Let me know if you need more assistance or if you have any questions.
Thank you for using
Chuck G.
Please " ACCEPT " when your question has been completely answered so I may be compensated. Please take a moment to log into the feedback section.
Positive Feedback is very important, That is how we get rated! Bonuses are appreciated!