Chuck G.
Chuck G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 Yrs. Experience in the appliance repair field

I have an old Admiral refrigerator (Model #NT23H8). It has ...

I have an old Admiral refrigerator (Model #NT23H8). It has recently malfunctioned. The refrigerator has condensation (dripping and pooling on shelves). The freezer is on top. the top of freezer is not freezing while the bottom of the freezer section is building up ice. Before we went on vacation I''d noticed the dripping/condensation problem. When returned two weeks later all of the food in the freezer spoiled. The refrigerator was keeping items cool but not cold. Let me know if this appliance is worth servicing. It is anold fridge in the garage but was useful.
Hi, Thank you for using justanswer for your appliance questions!

Your refrigerator sounds like it has a freon leak or a low pumping compressor. Either problem is a very expensive repair. Your fridge is a 1987 built and it has the old freon.
The energy that this refrigerator consumes is over double the new ones use. You can purchase a scratch and dent unit from a dealer for less than this will cost to repair! Time to go shopping!

Hope this helps!
Let me know if you need more assistance or if you have any questions.
Thank you for using
Chuck G.
Please " ACCEPT " when your question has been completely answered so I may be compensated. Please take a moment to log into the feedback section.
Positive Feedback is very important, That is how we get rated! Bonuses are appreciated!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your concise replly. It really helped me to make a decision. I appreciate your quick response. I looking forward to future questions and will undoubtedly refer others to this website.

Great website and service. Thanks again.
Thank you!