Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have a hotpoint ffa71 fridge/freezer friidge works freezer doesent

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
hi this is Bryan . do you see any frost inside freezer on back panel? let me know . Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
did you get a chance to check for frost? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: yes there is frost on inside back panel
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok let me get some coffee(just got up) and i'll be back Thank Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
i'mm back , to get it running right you have to remove back panel in freezer nad take a hair dryer and defrost all the ice on coils. dont use anything but hair dryer! no screwdrivers ect. you can damage coils if you hit them with something, once all the ice is gone put panel back on and let it run. when I come back from work today we will check to see whats causing problem. this will give it time to cool back down so we can test. thanks again Bryan , please press accept, we can still work on it even after you accept. thanks again Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
to bryan defrosted freezer like you said happy to tl you its working like new thanks a lotCustomermanchester england
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
thats great but in a couple of weeks you will have same problem if we dont find out what caused it, but at least we have time now.let me know when you want to check it out. do you have a meter? let me know. I have to go to work soon its 7:15 am here we can do this later if you like, please press accept you can still come back and work with me on this after.remember feedback is importent please leave feedback. I'll talk to you later, not sure what time it is there, thanks again Bryan